Have you tested your indoor air quality before? If you have not, it is time to start thinking about this particular aspect and try to act rationally because this aspect can highly influence your mood and health. And here they are some things that you have to take into consideration when it comes to this particular aspect.
Some consequences that the bad air quality can have for your home and family:
Have you suffered from headaches and insomnia lately? Well, experts say that the bad indoor air quality can also be blamed for your health issues. But in order to find out if that is true, you should ask for professional advice. Moreover, the indoor air quality can be blamed for your breathing problems. This means that if you have felt like you have not been able to breathe normally lately, it happens because you may have some problems with your indoor air.
Also, according to experts from this domain even your pets such as dogs or cats can be affected by this fact. Therefore, you have noticed that your dog has been somehow nervous lately, it is time to take actions.
The bad indoor air quality can highly influence your mood by making you feel anxious or nervous. And if you work as a freelancer and you have your office at home, it would prove difficult for you to concentrate to your tasks.
How can you improve your indoor air quality?
- If you live in Toronto, you should know that there are some companies that deal with testing the indoor air quality, when it comes to both houses and companies headquarters. And if you do not know what to choose, our highly recommendation is trying http://www.safeair.ca/. They have an expert team which offers a wide range of services for air quality evaluation, mould testing and the list may go on.
- You can try opening the windows every day, but because of the high level of pollution, you will not be able to solve the problem. But if you still insist, a good suggestion is opening the windows early in the morning or lately in the evening because there is a lower number of vehicles which circulate on the streets.
- Get rid of mould! You will see that the air quality from your house will get improved if you solve this problem. Also, bear in mind that those who deal with indoor air quality services can help you in this case.
- A good idea is changing the walls colour by using an anti-bacterial paint which can prove somehow useful. But also, looking for experts should remain a high priority.
- Try to decorate your room by using more plants. But be careful when you choose them because there are two categories. Some of them can consume your oxygen, whereas some can provide it.
- Do not use too much room fresheners because they are able to cover the smells and not to make them disappear.
- Try to clean your room more often. This means that you have to get rid of dust and other things that can affect your indoor air quality. Also, another good idea is to replace the old carpets and furniture with some new ones, even if it may be somehow expensive. But you have to take into consideration the fact that you do that for your family’s benefit.